Other pieces of advice and wisdom:
- Take your meds on time.
- Cry when you need to.
- Everyone’s journey is different.
- It’s OK to ask for help!
- Give yourself time to get your head around the diagnosis. Allow yourself time to grieve.
- Don’t overthink having PD. Don’t dwell on it.
- Keep a sense of humor. If you’ve never had one, it’s time to get one.
- Try to stay away from stress. Stress makes PD symptoms worse. Eliminate what you can out of your life.
- The more you stress, the worse the symptoms are.
- Discipline yourself. Get what information you can on PD and then make a plan. Establish a routine on taking your meds on time. Keep a log/journal to take to your appointments.
- Stay away from Dr. Google.
- Exercise your brain as well as your body. Word games. Number games. Play games with your grandchildren or your kids or friends.
- Don’t let this be a death sentence.
- Never, never, never, never, never give up.