Here is a list of organizations that can be trusted for good information
- National Parkinson’s Foundation helps patients actively enjoy life through expert care and treatment research.
- American Parkinson’s Disease Association provides support, education, and research to help you live a fuller life.
- Michael J. Fox Foundation is helping to raise money for much-needed research to help find a cure. From ways you can get involved to a great blog chock-full of Parkinson’s-related information, there is so much information here
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation provides information including news about the disease, information about upcoming events, insight into the latest research, and education about what to expect.
- The Davis Phinney Foundation is committed to supporting programs as well as research that help to deliver inspiration, information and provide tools that will enable people living with Parkinson’s to have more control in managing their disease.
- EVERY VICTORY COUNTS® Davis Phinney Foundation Essential Information and Inspiration for a Lifetime of Wellness with Parkinson’s Disease. A must read. http://cdparkinsons.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/DPF-EVC_2014-2.pdf
- The Parkinson Alliance is the umbrella organization for the Parkinson’s Unity Walk that takes place every spring in New York City. They also sponsor Team Parkinson, a fundraising racing event. You can find current news and information on research projects on their site.
- Partners in Parkinson’s has a program where you can be connected to an advocate who will listen, offer advice and support to patients and caregivers at no cost. This is just one of the services you can find through Partners in Parkinson’s.
- Caring.com has a support group for caregivers, family and friends of those with Parkinson’s disease. No subject is off-limits in this forum.
- The National Parkinson Foundation has a site specifically geared to caregivers. They help carers navigate the emotional, financial, and physical challenges they may face caring for someone with Parkinson’s
- Parkinson’s Action Network, Advocacy group,
- National Institutes of Health – Clinical Trials, www.clinicaltrials.gov
- Medline plus Health Information (Clinical trials, nutrition, research, and treatment)
- Coalition for the Advancement of Medical Research, www.camradvocacy.org
- Washington State University Aging Services Technologies aims to understand technology use in older adulthood and provide information about assistive technologies, http://www.tech4aging.wsu.edu/home.aspx
- Family Carepartner Alliance, www.carepartner.com
- National Alliance for Care Giving, www.caregiving.org
- Resource for Carepartners, www.caregiving.com
- National Family Caregivers Alliance, www.nfcacares.org
- Well Spouse Association http://www.wellspouse.org/
- Video caregiving http://www.videocaregiving.org/
Medical & Rehabiliation Care, Assistive Technology
- Physical medicine and Rehabilitation
- Occupational Therapy. The American Occupational Therapy Association, http://www.aota.org/en/AboutAOTA.aspx
- Physical Therapy. American Physical Therapy Association,
- Speech Therapy