These are the guidelines for the CDPSG (Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group) groups.io mail group.
This group is restricted to members living in the Albany NY area.
The purpose of the group is to provide support to Persons with Parkinson’s and to announce or discuss local events and resources.
- We expect members to post and act responsibly. Please respect your fellow members’ time and attention: strive to be clear, concise and courteous. Our subject matter naturally includes matters of opinion; if you happen to disagree with another member please do so without being rude. Personal attacks are not allowed. Solicitations are off topic and will be deleted without comment. Be aware that the bad guys are clever so there’s no guarantee that bad messages will get through to the group; you are encouraged to be vigilant against any and all threats arriving via email.
- We are always looking for suggestions from our members to make this group better for all. Feel free to address any questions, comments, or concerns directly to the group moderators via email to CDPSGfirstname.lastname@example.org.
CDPSG Mission Statement:
We strive to be a resource of the highest quality for People With Parkinson’s and their care partners living in the Alban, NY area.
NO COMMERCIAL, RELIGIOUS OR POLITICAL MESSAGES.
Posts containing these type of messages are not permitted. This includes those emails with “signature” files offering services or free gifts.
NO PERSONAL ATTACKS/RUDENESS.
MODERATORS MAY EDIT YOUR MESSAGE.
If your message fails to follow the rules or meet our standards, the moderators may edit your message to add or remove information before releasing. They may also return to you for revision.
BE CONSIDERATE OF YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.
* Be polite and respectful.
* DO send questions or comments only to the moderators only. Send to: CDPSGemail@example.com
* DON’T contact another member about an inappropriate post.
* DON’T type in ALL CAPS; use lower case.
* DO follow all the rules listed here.
You agree to not use the Service to:
- email or otherwise upload any content that
- (i) infringes any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of any party;
- (ii) you do not have a right to upload under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- (iii) contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- (iv) poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- (v) constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, commercial activities and/or sales, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” “contests,” “sweepstakes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- (vi) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, excessively violent, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; or
- violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Service by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities; or