The class will address muscle issues and, like the “People with Parkinson’s” and “Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery” classes, it will also work with balance, speech, manual dexterity, etc. It is open open to anyone with muscular degeneration challenges: Parkinson’s, MS, ALS, stroke recovery, muscle injury.
Participants should be able to walk and stand unassisted. Participants must have a waiver and medical clearance. The cost will be $45 for Y members, $56 for Community members; free to caretakers.
For more information, you can call the Glenville YMCA, 399 – 8118, 127 Droms Rd, Glenville.
The class will be held on Mondays, from noon to 1:15.
The class will run through the summer of 2017
Please Note: There are still PWP and/or PWR classes going on at other YMCA’s.
- Southern Saratoga County Y (Clifton Park) holds their class on Thursdays from 10:30 – 11:45.
- Bethlehem Y is on Thursdays from noon – 1:15.
- Troy Y’s class is held on Tuesdays from 10:30 – 11:45 – however, I did hear that they might suspend the class for the summer and start up again in the fall.
- Troy’s class is taught by Sondra who actually works in the East Greenbush Y, so I assume East Greenbush also has a PWP class, but I don’t know when it is given or if it will be suspended for the summer either.
- Other Y’s may also give these classes, but I don’t have specific information, so if you are interested, please contact the Y nearest you and inquire! If they don’t have one, and enough people request it, they may have someone trained and start one!