Join the CDPSG Support Group for the monthly meeting.
April 11, 2019 7:00 PM at Beverwyck
The Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group meets at 7 PM the second Thursday of most months at the Beverwyck Senior Center located at Krumkill Road, Slingerlands, New York. (Directions)
Patients, spouses, siblings, medical professionals/students, friends, and caregivers are welcome to attend to learn more about Parkinson’s disease or obtain information.
Topic : Deb Riitano – Commissioner Albany County Department for Aging
Albany County Department for Aging (ACDFA) strives to maximize choice and self-direction for the people of Albany County as they age.
ACDFA’s mission is to connect adults age 60+ and their families/caregivers with community resources that promote independence, self-direction, dignity and improved quality of life.
We will hear about programs administered by the Department such as:
- information & assistance
- adult day care
- in-home health services
- caregiver support programs
- volunteer opportunities
- consumer and caregiver supports such as respite care, case/care management
- facility based services such as adult day care programs and nursing homes
- home based services such as home health or personal care services and personal emergency response systems
- insurance/benefit information and counseling regarding long term care insurance, Medicare or Medicaid, Veteran’s and other benefitsprotective/preventative services for information about how to prevent or report situations of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of adults (over the age of 18)
- residential housing options and supports such as adult residential care facilities, assisted living facilities, low income/subsidized housing and utility payment assistance programs
- support groups and counseling for caregivers, children and adults with disabilities or aging/older adults
- transportation related information such as automobile/van adaptations and programs to transport the disabled and/or senior citizens
- information and assistance may also be available regarding such things as legal services, mental health and/or substance abuse programs, home modification programs and property tax exemptions