The Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group meets at 7 PM the second Thursday of most months at the Beverwyck Senior Center located at Krumkill Road, Slingerlands, New York. (directions)
Subscribe to our email list to receive reminders and announcements
Serving the people with Parkinson’s, their families and caregivers in Albany, NY and throughout New York’s Capital Region.
Our mission is:
- To provide moral support and fellowship to people with Parkinson’s Disease, their families and caregivers.
- To raise awareness and disseminate information regarding Parkinson’s Disease
- To act as a resource center for members and others who would like to know more about Parkinson’s.
We welcome new members and visitors – Please join us
More About us
Read this if you are newly diagnosed.
Do you want to talk to someone? Call Jud: 518-281-3466 or email Eson dot Jud at gmail.com
Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group Meetings
- July 21, 2018 – Saturday – Summer picnic 12:00 to 3:00 at the Crossings Park in Colonie. – RSVP Click for details. The picnic replaces the regular July second Thursday meeting.
- August 9, 2018 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyk. Topic: Rachel Kurtz – Holistic Health Coach
- September 13, 2018 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyk.
- October 11, 2018 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyk. Topic: Dr. Molho – Director of the Albany Med Movement Disorders and Parkinson’s Disease Center.
- November 8, 2018 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyk.
- December 13, 2018 – holiday party – Date, place and time TBA
- EVERY DAY – Local exercise classes
- DONATE to Hope Soars
- July 16, 2018 – Monday – YOPD 7PM at Denny’s in Latham on the Troy Schenectady Rd.
- July 25, 2018 – Schenectady County Support Group – Topic .Jonathan Brendese, a speech pathologist at Sunnyview, will talk about LSVT LOUD.
- August 10, 2015 – Davis Phinney Victory Summit on-line event
- August 18, 2018 – Young Onset Parkinson’s Support Group at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church at 2pm
- September 12, 2018 – Registration required. PD SELF – Parkinson’s Self-Efficacy Learning Forum – A national program, now being offered in Albany for the first time, that provides people with Parkinson’s with an in-depth understanding of the disease and the self-efficacy tools to manage it with confidence. Learn more.
- June 4, 2019 – Kyoto Japan – World Parkinson’s Congress