The Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group meets at 7 PM the second Thursday of most months at the Beverwyck Senior Center located at Krumkill Road, Slingerlands, New York. (directions)
Subscribe to our email list to receive reminders and announcements
Serving the people with Parkinson’s, their families and caregivers in Albany, NY and throughout New York’s Capital Region.
Our mission is:
- To provide moral support and fellowship to people with Parkinson’s Disease, their families and caregivers.
- To raise awareness and disseminate information regarding Parkinson’s Disease
- To act as a resource center for members and others who would like to know more about Parkinson’s.
We welcome new members and visitors – Please join us
More About us
Read this if you are newly diagnosed.
Do you want to talk to someone? Call Jud: 518-281-3466 or email Eson dot Jud at gmail.com
Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group Meetings
- October 11, 2018 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyk. Topic: Dr. Molho – Director of the Albany Med Movement Disorders and Parkinson’s Disease Center.
- November 8, 2018 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyk. Topic: LSVT BIG and Physical Therapy – Sarah Gutenmann, PT, DPT, LSVT BIG
- December 8, 2018 – Saturday 1:00 – 4:00 PM Holiday party – Date and time set. Details to follow
- EVERY DAY – Local exercise classes
- DONATE to Hope Soars
- The Albany Guardian Society 2018 Fall 2018 Institute semester
- September 26, 2018 – Schenectady County 2:00 PM – Glenville Diner
- October 11, 2018 – Onondaga County Office for Aging – Living an Active Life with Parkinson’s Disease Conference
- October 17, 2018 – DBS Lunch and learn, Desmond Hotel, 660 Albany Shaker Road
- October 20, 2018 – YOPD– 2PM Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
- October 21, 2018 – Saratoga County 2PM – Topic: Rachel Kurtz – Holistic Health Coach
- November 19, 2018 – YOPD – 7PM – Denny’s 697 Troy-Schenectady Rd, Latham, NY
- June 4, 2019 – Kyoto Japan – World Parkinson’s Congress