The Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group meets at 7 PM the second Thursday of most months at the Beverwyck Senior Center located at Krumkill Road, Slingerlands, New York. (directions) Subscribe to our email list to receive reminders and announcements.
We welcome new members and visitors – Please join us
- To provide moral support and fellowship to people with Parkinson’s Disease, their families and caregivers.
- To raise awareness and disseminate information regarding Parkinson’s Disease
- To act as a resource center for members and others who would like to know more about Parkinson’s.
Read this if you are newly diagnosed. Do you want to talk to someone? Call Jud: 518-281-3466 or email Eson dot Jud at gmail.com
- April 11, 2019 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyck. Topic Deb Riitano – Commissioner of Albany County Department for Aging, will speak about the Department’s programs and services .
- May 9, 2019 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyck. Topic: Movement problems in Parkinson’s Disease. Dr. Robert Fekete Movement Disorder Specialist Assistant Professor Department of Neurology New York Medical College and Brian Bennati – Neurology Account Specialist Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- June 13, 2019 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyck. Topic to be determined.
- July 11, 2019 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyck. Topic: Reflections from the World Parkinson’s Congress in Kyoto Japan as told by Albany members that went to the conference.
- August 11, 2019 – Sunday 12 – 3 – Summer picnic at the Crossings Park in Colonie.
- EVERY DAY – Local exercise classes
- March 2019 Community Calendar
- DONATE to Hope Soars
- Boxing in Wilton – Parkinson’s only boxing class starting on Tuesday, March 12, 2019, from 10:00 am to 11 am at Custom Fitness, 23 Northern Pines Road, Wilton, NY 12831. (518) 886-1602. The cost is $10.00 per person. The class is limited to 8 on a first register basis. The instructor is Shane Willette. Please contact Marie Thorne to register. (518) 810-8483
- March 5, 2019 – Expert Briefing – Seeing Clearly with PD: Vision Changes
- March 18, 2019 – Saratoga Support Group meeting – Speaker will be Shane Willette boxing trainer
- April 6, 2019 – Tools for caregivers day at HVCC
- April 27, 2019 – NY City Central Park Parkinson’s Unity Walk
- April 28, 2019 – Hope Soars Community Walk and Run in Albany Washington Park
- June 2, 2019 – Moving Day Central NY – Rochester area Parkinson’s Foundation walk
- June 4, 2019 – Kyoto Japan – World Parkinson’s Congress
- June 22, 2019 – Albany Med PD Symposium – save the date