The Capital District Parkinson’s Support Group meets at 7 PM the second Thursday of most months at the Beverwyck Senior Center located at Krumkill Road, Slingerlands, New York. (directions) Subscribe to our email list to receive reminders and announcements.
We welcome new members and visitors – Please join us
- To provide moral support and fellowship to people with Parkinson’s Disease, their families and caregivers.
- To raise awareness and disseminate information regarding Parkinson’s Disease
- To act as a resource center for members and others who would like to know more about Parkinson’s.
Read this if you are newly diagnosed. Do you want to talk to someone? Call Jud: 518-281-3466 or email Eson dot Jud at gmail.com
- March 14, 2019 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyck. Deb Foss – Yoga. Deb will share healing methods from a variety of psychological and spiritual traditions, including Yoga and Buddhist meditation. She is a Kripalu certified facilitator, yoga teacher and bodyworker.
- April 11, 2019 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyck. Topic to be determined.
- May 9, 2019 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyck. Topic to be determined.
- June 13, 2019 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyck. Topic to be determined.
- July 11, 2019 – Thursday 7:00 at Beverwyck. Topic: Reflections from the World Parkinson’s Congress in Kyoto Japan as told by Albany members that went to the conference.
- August 11, 2019 – Sunday 12 – 3 – Summer picnic at the Crossings Park in Colonie.
- EVERY DAY – Local exercise classes
- January 2019 Community Calendar
- DONATE to Hope Soars
- February 20, 2019 – Caregiver 20-week telephone support group
- March 5, 2019 – Expert Briefing – Seeing Clearly with PD: Vision Changes
- April 6, 2019 – Tools for caregivers day at HVCC
- April 27, 2019 – NY City Central Park Parkinson’s Unity Walk
- April 28, 2019 – Hope Soars Community walk and run
- June 2, 2019 – Moving Day Central NY – Rochester area Parkinson’s Foundation walk
- June 4, 2019 – Kyoto Japan – World Parkinson’s Congress